There are many signs to watch out for some of which are:
1. Severe toothache pain upon chewing or application of pressure.
2. Sensitivity (pain) to hot or cold temperatures.
3. Discoloration (darkening) of the tooth.
4. Swelling and tenderness in nearby gums.
5. A persistent or recurring pimple on the gums. Sometimes no symptoms
Does it hurt to have a root canal procedure?
Root canal procedures have the reputation of being painful. Actually, most people report that the procedure itself is no more painful than having a filling placed. The discomfort experienced in the period leading up to seeking dental care is truly painful, not the root canal procedure itself.
What is involved in a root canal treatment?
Root canal is a very common dental procedure. This treatment is the best way you can save your natural teeth and prevent the need of dental implants or bridges. The dentist will remove the diseased pulp to save the tooth and prevent further inflammation and infection. Sometimes this procedure can be done in one appointment other times it may take two appointments.
Call Ayan Dentistry today for an evaluation 239.732.9000